6 Natural Products to Help you Clean Mould in Your Home
This can also lead to various health hazards and that’s why mould should be addressed as quickly as possible. Depending on its size and severity, you can treat it quickly at home. Instead of using toxic chemicals, you can switch to natural cleaning products that are safe and effective.
Professionals also use eco-friendly products when carrying out a meticulous end of lease cleaning Gold Coast. There are various natural cleaning products that can help you get rid of stubborn stains, grime, grease and mould without giving you a hint of stress.
However, if you want to clean mould on your own, try these 6 environmentally-friendly products and achieve unbelievable results:
1. White Vinegar
White vinegar is acidic but a mild product, which can remove stubborn stains and kill around 70 to 80 per cent of mould species. It is super affordable, eco-friendly and works wonders when it comes to treating mould and mildew.
You will need distilled vinegar or cleaning vinegar to kill black spores from almost all surfaces, except natural stone surfaces:
- Mix one part of vinegar with 1 part of warm water and dishwashing soap
- Pour this mixture into an empty spray bottle
- Apply the solution onto the mould and let it sit for an hour
- Wipe the area using a damp cloth
- Let the area dry completely.
This product is very efficient for removing mould and mildew, especially in the areas where you store or prepare meals. It is also good to follow realistic tips to keep a house clean with little kids and keep them away from mouldy areas.
2. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a fantastic alternative to mould removal products. It is an eco-friendly, safe and cheap product that can help you get rid of black spores from surfaces like tiles, marble floors, and appliances. This particular product has bleaching properties that will restore the shine of your surfaces.
- Pour 3 per cent hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle
- Spray it on affected surfaces.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes
- Scrub the surface using a brush
- Wipe off using a clean cloth
- Dry the surface.
If you need help to remove accumulated dust, stubborn stains and grime from your rental property, hire professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast. They can help you get the bond back with ease.
3. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a safe, natural and effective solution that can help you eliminate mould and mildew with ease. It can kill mould spores from all types of areas and absorb moisture, and deodorise the entire space. It has a neutral pH value and is suitable for household cleaning.
- Add 1 tablespoon of baking soda with 3 parts of the water in a spray bottle
- Apply the solution to the affected area
- Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on the mouldy surface and leave it for an hour
- Scrub the area with a hard bristle brush
- Wipe off with a clean rag
- Let the spot dry completely.
Tip: Never mix white vinegar with baking soda solution as it won’t remove tough stains and grime.
This is one of the underrated but effective products that can be used to remove mould. It is a natural cleaning product that can give you sparkling results without any toxic fumes. The best part is borax can kill all types of household mould and mildew.
- Add 1 part of borax powder to 10 parts of warm water
- Mix well and add the solution to a spray bottle.
- Apply the borax solution on the surface
- Dip the sponge in the solution and scrub the area.
- Instead of rinsing, leave the surface to dry completely.
Hire trained experts for a thorough end of lease cleaning service in Gold Coast and get the full bond back. Make sure you watch out 7 red flags while hiring a bond cleaning company for a stress-free experience.
5. Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree is one of the best essential oils used to keep spiders away. It can also be used to remove black mould. It is a natural fungicide that can help you kill household mould with ease.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil to 1 cup of water
- Shake the mixture and pour it into a spray bottle
- Apply it to the mouldy surface and let it dry for an hour
- Wipe away with a clean microfiber cloth.
6. Lemon Juice
Though this might not be the best product for killing mould and mildew, it is totally natural and contains no harmful chemicals. You can use lemon juice and apply it on the surface for effective outcomes.
- Juice three to four lemons and pour over the affected surface
- Leave it for at least 5 minutes
- Wipe it away with a damp towel
- You can also scrub using a toothbrush.
These are six natural cleaning products that can help you clean mould in your home with ease. You don’t need expensive products that contain harmful chemicals, such as ammonia. If you are at the end of your tenancy, hire professionals for a thorough end of lease cleaning in Gold Coast.