It is always a good thing to keep your home spick and span. But if you have any allergies, a clean home becomes a necessity. This is because when you do not clean your property frequently, it accumulates dust particles, germs, bacteria and allergens.
And these factors pose a serious threat to your health. To clean the home thoroughly, people often go for end of lease cleaning in Gold Coast. They have experienced professionals who precisely know how to clean and sanitise your home perfectly. But, you can also give it a try.
In this post, you will learn about cleaning tips for people suffering from allergies. After reading, it, you will also understand that even cleaning products can be responsible for allergy-like symptoms. You need to stay away from such products. First, let's see the usual allergy symptoms.
The Usual Allergy Symptoms
The following are the most common allergy symptoms that happen due to dirty surroundings as well as when people use wrong cleaning products.
- Skin irritation
- Wheezing, asthma attack
- Itchy, red watery eyes
Important Cleaning Tips
People who have allergies can follow the tips mentioned here.
Avoid Certain Chemicals and Products
If you have any allergies, you should strictly avoid certain harsh chemicals that can make your situation worse. These chemicals include Ammonia, D-limonene, Sodium hypochlorite, Formaldehyde and Sodium lauryl sulphate. These chemicals are usually found in all sorts of cleaning products. Thus, you must stay away from the list provided below.
- Oven, glass and drain cleaners
- All-purpose cleaners
- Laundry detergents and dish soaps
- Fabric softeners
- Furniture polish and Mildew removers
- Dish detergents
Use Only Non-Toxic Cleaning Agents
People struggling with some allergy should always go for non-toxic cleaning methods. If you opt for end of lease cleaning in Gold Coast, you will find that many reputed names stringently follow an eco-friendly approach.
Baking soda, water, vinegar, salt, lemon, olive oil, essential oils, cloves etc. are very effective and at the same time entirely safe. To clean different surfaces, you need different combinations of these household products.
- Salt and vinegar to clean surface
- Baking soda and water to clean baby bottles
- Baking soda to remove bad odour from carpets
- Olive oil with lemon juice and vegetable oil to clean furniture
- Ventilation, cloves and cinnamon for air freshening
Hire Professionals for Cleaning
The best way to avoid any allergy is to avoid cleaning completely. It doesn't make any sense to face health issues when you can easily opt for end of lease cleaning in Gold Coast. You might be spending some money, but in return, you will get flawless cleaning without any allergies.
Their experienced professionals make sure that there are no germs, dust and allergens anywhere in the house. Ideally, you should contact the professionals once in every fortnight.
Sanitise the Spots That You Frequently Touch
Cleaning is enough to stay away from allergens. Despite cleaning, they can come back to stay on different surfaces. So, you must sanitise such places that you frequently touch. These places include doorknobs, switches, flush lever, phone and tab screens, keyboards, and other similar areas.
Instead of purchasing a packet of disinfectant wipes from a Gold Coast store, use vinegar.
Make efforts to Reduce Allergens at home
If you have an allergy, the most important thing you should do is to destroy the allergens at home. And to do that, you need to follow these things.
- Clear the clutter that collects dust
- Vacuum the carpet floors daily
- Regularly wash your blankets and rugs
- Wash all bed linen in hot water once a week
- Keep the counter surfaces dry and clean
- Do not leave food around and store it in airtight containers
Other Tips to Follow
Apart from the tips mentioned above, try to follow these useful tips.
- Always wear a mask when you dust your home. Once you are done with the housework, leave the house for a couple of hours. This will minimise your exposure to allergens that you spread into the air while dusting.
- Keep your bathroom clean, particularly from the mould. Daily scrub the bathroom tiles and rinse them properly. Don't forget to clean the soap scum from your shower curtain. You can clean it in your washing machine.
- Scented detergents or cleaners can tempt you with its fragrance, but you should strictly avoid it. The amazing odour is proof that such products have harmful chemicals. So, use only fragrance-free products.
- You should sweep or vacuum the outside entryways because if the path or patio is clean, it is less likely that a person will bring outside dust or pollen into your home.
If you have any allergy, then opting professional for best end of lease cleaning in Gold Coast is undoubtedly the best way to deal with home cleaning. However, if you want to take the challenge, these are some useful tips that can make your home allergen-free for a long time. Make sure to give yourself and your family a healthy environment to breathe.