Holiday Cleaning: Checklist For A Guest-Ready Home
However, people visiting your house can make you worry if your home is messy, cluttered, or dirty. You can spruce it by seeking the assistance of a reputed company offering a variety of residential sanitation services such as carpet cleaning, oven cleaning, and end of lease cleaning in Gold Coast, among many others.
Alternately, you can make your home guest-ready by following this holiday cleaning checklist by professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast. Have a look!
Gather Cleaning Supplies
To save time and energy while cleaning, it is necessary to have all the products, tools, and equipment you will need on-hand. Therefore, before starting the various tasks for sanitising your house, please gather the following cleaning supplies.
- Multipurpose cleaner and disinfectant
- Natural cleaning products like white vinegar, baking soda, lemon, etc. Often professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast use organic and non-toxic cleaning products like these.
- Brushes, sponges, and scouring pads of different sizes for scrubbing
- Microfiber cleaning products such as dusters, cloths, towels, sweepers, and mops
- Cleaning equipment – vacuum cleaner, steam cleaner, pressure washer etc.
- Other cleaning tools like magic erasers, rubber squeegees, tile scrubbers, etc.
Sort Your Belongings
Before cleaning the house, please declutter it to remove unwanted and broken things. There are many items in your house that hog space and serve no purpose, making it necessary to get rid of them. Therefore, declutter each room of your home, especially the kitchen, bathroom, and living room before sanitising the house for the holidays.
You can divide your property contents into four categories – keep, throw, donate, and resell. After decluttering and sorting, you will have more space in your house, and it will be earlier to clean without the mess.
Clean the Kitchen First
During holidays and festivals, the kitchen is the most visited and used areas in your home, making it essential to deep clean it first. Here is your cleaning task list for this room.
- Vacuum and dust all the surfaces to get rid of dust, dirt, cobwebs, food debris, and other contaminants.
- Wash the stove and its holders, range hood filter, cooking equipment/tools, crockery and other items you use for cooking or serving during festivals or special occasions.
- Empty cabinets, drawers, and other storage units and clean them with a microfiber cloth and a mild cleaner. Let the units air-dry and vacuum them before putting things back.
- Wipe countertops and slabs
- Clean the sink, microwave, oven, and dishwasher with baking soda, white vinegar, or a commercial cleaner. Many end of lease cleaning professionals in Gold Coast prefer organic and non-toxic cleaners to sanitise such appliances or fixtures.
- Wipe the windows and doors along with vacuuming the frames and tracks.
- Sweep and mop the floors
Clean the Bathroom
After the kitchen, clean the bathroom which will be used extensively when people come over to your house. Listed below are the things you need to do.
- Clean the mirrors, shower glass, countertops, and slabs
- Wash the toilet, sinks, bathtub, shower, and other fixtures
- Empty cabinets and drawers then clean and vacuum them
- Clean the tiles and exhaust
- Wash and mop the floor
Spruce the Living Room
The space where you guests will dine and sit should look clean, neat and tidy. Therefore to spruce it, follow this task list.
- Vacuum walls, ceilings, fixtures, and baseboards. Also, vacuum the curtains, carpets, and upholstery.
- Wipe furniture, countertops, and slabs in the room
- Dust all the surfaces and objects
- Clean any spillage, spots, marks from surfaces and objects
- Sweep and mop hard floor
Before decorating the exterior of your house, you have to clean it. Here is what you need to do.
- Dust all the surfaces and objects on the patio
- Wash the stairs and entryway
- Sweep and mop garage floor
- Vacuum outdoor furniture, windows, and doors
Holiday Cleaning Tips
While sanitising your home for guests, make sure you perform the following tasks too.
- Clean and disinfect high touch surfaces such as switches, knobs, handles, rails, remote controls, gadgets, appliances, tools, etc.
- Clean windows and doors of each room. Don’t forget to vacuum or wipe the frames and tracks as they accumulate dust, dirt and grime.
- Clean as soon as anyone spills something or when you notice a spot, spillage, or mark.
- Hire professional cleaners via reputed company to assist with the clean. If you are a tenant, then consider hiring end of lease cleaning experts in Gold Coast to deep clean your property before moving out. Alternately, you can also take their assistance for cleaning your house and making it ready for the guests.
- After the guests arrive, keep cleaning supplies on-hand to sanitise surfaces and objects whenever necessary.
Cleaning and disinfecting your house before the holiday season begins can be daunting, but with this cleaning checklist, you can do it in no time like professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast. Sanitising and tidying, according to a task-list, will streamline your work and ensure you can complete sprucing your house without investing too much time or energy.