How To Clean A New Home Before You Move In
Moving into your new home is an exciting time as you get to explore a new place, expect a positive change in your lifestyle, meet new people, make new friends and decorate your house in Pimpama. However, sometimes out of excitement, people overlook the significance of cleaning a new house, and that’s where they make a mistake.
Cleaning the new place to make it hygienic and fresh, is extremely necessary even if the outgoing tenants have cleaned it. Whether you clean it yourself or hire bond cleaners in Pimpama, make sure the house is thoroughly cleaned before you start living in it. Also, do not forget that an empty house is way easier to clean than a stuffed home. Take one room at a time and clean it properly.
Here are some easy methods to spruce up your new house before you move in. Let’s have a look.
Things You Will Require
Before you start cleaning your new home, make sure that you have the following cleaning tools:
- Rubber gloves
- Paper towels
- Microfiber cloths/ Cleaning rags
- Dust mop
- Cleaning products
- Step ladder
Cleaning The Bathroom
This place is perhaps the most important place from the cleaning point of view because a dirty bathroom is a breeding ground for germs and disease-causing bacteria. So, make sure you clean it properly before you or any other family member uses it.
- Start your cleaning process from the top. Dust the vents, fans, light fixtures and ceiling, corners. Make sure there is no dust and cobwebs.
- Properly clean the window coverings and the windowsills.
- Wipe the linen cabinets and medicine cabinets. Wash both inside and outside of the closets attached to the bathroom.
- Do not forget to scrub the tub, shower and enclosures.
- Also clean the toilet, including the back, outside as well as handles.
- Properly clean the fixtures, sink and mirrors.
Cleaning The Kitchen
Once you are done with the bathrooms, move on to the kitchen. This is the place where icky and sticky things get deposited, so it is not that easy to clean. The last tenant may have cleaned the kitchen properly, but you should clean it before using it. The cleanliness of the kitchen directly impacts the health of your family members.
- Like the bathroom, start from the top and clean the ceiling corners, fans, vents and light fixtures.
- Also, look for fingerprints around the light switches and corners. Commercial liquid cleaners work well to get rid of some of the stubborn stains. Another great way to remove sticky spots is to apply fabric softener to a sponge then rub it correctly on the area.
- Clean the top of cabinets, and cabinet doors. If the surface is made of wood, go for a wood cleaner or any mild soap. For stubborn grease stains, you will need to use water and baking soda. Make a thick paste and apply it properly, letting it sit for a few minutes. Also, clean inside the drawers and handles.
- Then move to the counters that usually require less work, but you must ensure that it is free from dust and debris. To clean the back-splashes, use a mild cleaner or paste of water and baking soda.
- Then clean the vital appliances like stove, oven and refrigerator. Do not forget to clean the microwave as well as the dishwasher. Sink of the kitchen is a place that people often overlook. But you must clean it properly.
- To clean the sink surface make a mixture of chlorine-free bleach and water in a spray bottle. Then spray it on the sink and let it settle down for a couple of minutes. After that rinse it thoroughly. To get rid of sink odours, mix baking soda in water and pour it down the- drain.
- At last, sweep and mop the floor to make your kitchen sparkling clean.
Note: Give special attention to those appliances that you use more often like refrigerator and oven. If these appliances are dirty, cooking or keeping food in them can have a negative impact on your health.
Cleaning The Floors
All the dust and debris that you have removed from the walls, frames, windows, ceilings, corners falls on the floor. Thus, a thorough clean is impossible without cleaning the floor. But you need different approaches for different surfaces.
Here is a list of methods that will help you clean floors of various types as well as floor coverings:
If your new home has carpets, you should consider hiring a professional bond cleaner in Pimpama as they have expertise in cleaning carpets. Also, if the previous occupants claimed they had cleaned the carpets, even then you will require a thorough vacuum.
In case you have wooden floors or artificial wood, do not use any strong chemicals. Simply sweep your floor, clean under the appliances and heating vents. Use wood soaps to remove dirt and then give it a polished shine.
If you have any other type of floor like tile, stone, linoleum and concrete floors, vacuum or sweep to remove debris. Then, mop the floor using the suitable cleaning solution as per the type of floor.
Before you start unpacking, it is essential that you ensure the house is clean and free from all kinds of germs and bacteria. Professional bond cleaners in Pimpama are by far the best option for cleaning, but you can also roll up your sleeves and get involved in this cleaning procedure. Try the methods mentioned above to get rid of all the dust in your home and begin a new life.