How To Clean Windows, According To Pros
Unfortunately, most people leave streaks behind after washing their windows and ruin the entire look and feel of their house. If you are also cleaning your windows wrong, hire professionals for the best Bond Cleaning Gold Coast. They can come to your place and clean the entire property, including your windows, to help you get your bond back.
However, if you want to clean your windows like a pro, then consider the following tips and achieve streak-free and shiny results. All you need is the right cleaning supplies, natural cleaning products and techniques.
Prepare Your Windows for a Thorough Cleaning
Start by preparing your dirty windows to cover all the spots when tackling dirt, stains and grime. Also, create a strategy to protect your window treatment and window sills from damage. Make sure you:
- Place a dry towel across the sill to accumulate loose dirt and debris.
- Prevent water from collecting on the wood
- Close the slats of your blinds and get rid of dust before pulling them up.
- Arrange all the necessary cleaning supplies to cover hard-to-reach places when cleaning windows.
- Remove and wash curtains
- Remove and label each screen before getting into the cleaning process.
Remove Loose Dirt and Debris
Take a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment or an old toothbrush to remove loose dirt, dust particles and pollen from window sills and frames. Get rid of cobwebs and visible dust from hinges and frames using a microfiber cloth.
Do not use a water-based cleaning product or damp cloth, as it can make your windows look dingy.
Tip: Use a HEPA-filter vacuum machine as it can trap 99.99 per cent hazardous dust, germs and pollen from almost all surfaces.
Act on Spills and Stains – Clean Your Windows Inside
Cleaning inside windows can be challenging, but you can easily tackle stains and grime using eco-friendly products:
- Wipe the window panes using a damp cloth to remove the accumulated dust and mild marks.
- Next, prepare a homemade cleaning solution by mixing equal parts of vinegar and warm water. You can also add two teaspoons of mild dishwashing liquid soap to tackle stains and grime.
- Spray the solution on the surface- begin from the top and make your way down.
- Wipe down your panes, glass and sills using a microfiber cloth.
- Gently scrub the stubborn stains and caked-on gunk to achieve sparkling results. It is good to work from top to bottom in order to prevent drips. This will help you clean windows like a pro and create a positive vibe at home.
Achieve Streak-Free Windows
Unpleasant streaks on the window glass are common after the cleaning process. Instead of rubbing the surface with a newspaper, use a rubber squeegee to achieve shiny windows.
- Run a squeegee from the top to get rid of excess water and a cleaning solution.
- Choose the “S” method when wiping your windows to cover more surface area.
- This will help you attain streak-free windows without a hint of stress.
Tip: Wipe down the blades of your squeegee after each stroke to prevent water drips. So, make sure you include windows in routine maintenance when living in a rental property to avoid unwanted disputes.
Clean Windows From Outside (if Accessible)
You can either hire professional bond cleaners in Gold Coast or do it yourself by following this guide. Make sure your windows are accessible from the outside.
- Close the windows
- Spray the glass with a garden house to get rid of dirt and debris
- Gently scrub off the stains and grime using a microfiber cloth.
- Use a telescoping squeegee to get rid of excess water and prevent streaks.
Thoroughly Spruce up Window Screens
Don’t forget about the window screens that you removed before starting the process. Eliminate accumulated dust, dirt, caked-on grime and stains from the surface using the following tips:
- Remove dust using a soft-bristled brush.
- Wash the screen using a garden hose and set it on a gentle stream.
- Lather the screen with a soapy sponge and get rid of tough stains and grime.
- Rinse the surface thoroughly using plain water
- Allow it to dry to prevent moisture.
- Re-install the screens to the windows and secure them.
If you are moving out of a rental property, book a company that specialises in detailed bond cleaning Gold Coast to help you secure the full bond money. Make sure you check the entry condition report to see what needs to be cleaned to avoid rental disputes.
Cleaning windows without leaving streaks behind can be laborious, but you can attain the best possible results with the help of this guide. These pro tips can help you remove dust, bird droppings, stains and accumulated grime from screens, sills, hinges and frames with ease.