How To Clean Your House For Each Season
A dirty home can attract germs and bacteria in any season, and each weather condition brings its own share of problems. For example, mould is more prevalent in summer due to the high humidity and dampness, while winter means more muddy and snow-laden dirt in your homes.
Thus, it is essential to deep clean your house for each season so that your home looks good throughout the year and you breathe in hygienic and fresh air.
This seasonal cleaning will also make it easier for your bond cleaning Gold Coast professionals to clean your home at the end of your tenancy, as there will be less dirt and grime to scrub off. To help you keep your home clean in all seasons, here are some basic tips given below:
Keep Your Cleaning Caddy In Order
Firstly, no matter the season, you must stock up your cleaning caddy with supplies throughout the year. You can either keep a cleaning basket in each room or place your cleaning supplies in a central room so they are easily accessible. Here are some essential cleaning tools you must keep in your caddy all-year round:
- Microfiber cloths
- Vacuum with HEPA filter
- Microfiber mop
- Broom and dustpan
- Short-bristled brush
- Spray bottles
- Baking soda
- Face mask
Summer Cleaning Tips For Your Home
Summer is when your kids are on holiday break, the air is dry and humid, and the sunny weather calls for more barbeque sessions and lazy afternoons. Here are some useful tips by bond cleaners on the Gold Coast to spruce up your home during the summer season:
- Wipe Down Windows And Doors To Remove Dirt
Since you will open up your home more often in the summer, you must use a microfiber cloth and wear a face mask to regularly clean your windows and doors. If there are tough spots on your windows, mix three cups of white vinegar with one cup of water and use this as a window cleaner. You should also use a soft-bristled brush to clean the window tracks and blinds.
- Remove Dust From Your Outdoor Furniture And Patio
Since Gold Coast gets plenty of sunshine, you will be spending more time outdoors in the summer and will enjoy sunbathing sessions. Therefore, you must wipe your outdoor furniture regularly to keep it clean and shiny and sweep up leaves and dirt from the patio.
- Deep Clean Your Barbeque To Remove Grease Stains
Summer is also the season for barbeque dinners with your loved ones. But before you start grilling your food, you need to deep-clean your barbeque to remove grease stains so there is no food contamination.
You can sprinkle baking soda on your grill, leave it overnight, and scrub it off in the morning with a soft-bristled brush. If the greasy bits don’t come off, call professional bond cleaners on the Gold Coast to remove stubborn food bits from your grill.
- Prevent Mould In Your Home By Ensuring Air Circulation
Lastly, turn on your exhaust after a bath and use vinegar and water to spray your tub and shower to prevent the spread of mould. You can keep a bottle of this natural cleaning solution in your shower and use it every time you take a bath.
Winter Season Cleaning Tips For Your Home
- Dust, clean your furnace, and replace filters to function properly in cold weather.
- Place weatherproof mats outside your entry and exit doors to free your home from mud and snow.
- Use a damp cloth to clean your light fixtures, and remove dust to prevent allergies and hypersensitivities.
- Hire bond cleaners to remove smoke and dust from your chimneys and prevent foul odours.
Fall Season Cleaning Tips For Your Home
Fall is the perfect time to enjoy cool evening walks in the park and family dinners before school starts.
- Since fall is perfect for hosting family gatherings and friendly dinners, you should dust and vacuum bathrooms, guest bedrooms and dining areas so they are spotless when guests come over.
- Pour hot water into your drains and gutters to keep them running smoothly throughout the fall season.
- Use baking soda to clean spots and stains on your carpets and upholstery.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter to clean your window sills, air ducts and ventilation systems so you can breathe fresh air during the fall season.
Here are some tips on how to get your home guest-ready for fall.
Spring Cleaning Tips For Your Home
Spring is the most popular season to deep-clean your home and remove dust particles and allergens.
- Move your furniture and clean those hard-to-reach spots to remove dirt and grime.
- Deep clean and scoop out ash from your furnaces so it doesn’t settle on your carpets and float around your home. You should also immediately vacuum your carpets and floors after you have cleaned your furnace.
- Bond cleaners on the Gold Coast recommend that you organise and declutter your home during spring and sell or donate items you do not use or need.
- Lastly, sprinkle baking soda on your mattresses and leave it for an hour. Let the abrasive baking soda remove any odours and dust mites, and then vacuum up the powder to keep your mattresses fresh throughout the spring season.
Use these tips to remove dust from upholstery during your spring cleaning.
You can follow the above tips to keep your home clean every season and prevent infections and allergies. Make sure you get a deep cleaning done once or twice a year by professional cleaners so your home is in top-notch shape.