How To Keep Your Home Clean During And After Renovations?
Keeping your home clean during & after renovations is a challenging task as everything gets smattered in dust, there is rubble & debris everywhere, and daily life routine is disrupted. Cleaning your home daily during & after renovation also becomes vital for health and safety reasons.
Therefore, before you renovate your home, it is essential to know how to manage the cleaning process, if you cannot rent another place while the modifications are underway. If appropriately planned, renovating can be exciting as your home becomes a better version of itself. To help you plan here’s a complete guide on what cleaning supplies to get and how to keep your home clean during and after renovations.
What Cleaning Supplies to Get?
Renovation is a messy affair that necessitates having the right cleaning supplies to tidy areas during and after the process. If your house is being renovated or you’re planning it then here is the list of things to get according to expert end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast.
- Investing in protective gear is essential to safeguard yourself to clean a renovation site. Get gloves, hard hats, goggles, masks and jumpers.
- Different types of cleaning solutions like glass or mirror cleaners, mild to strong disinfectants, liquid castile soap, multipurpose cleaners, and stain removers.
- Natural cleaners such as distilled white vinegar, baking soda, lemon, rock salt, and hydrogen peroxide.
- Heavy-duty trash bags and containers to put rubble, debris, or broken things.
- Tools like a broom, dustpans, microfiber cloths, mops, dusters, hard-soft bristle brushes, scrub pads, floor wipers & squeegees, ladders, and buckets.
- Also, arrange for equipment like vacuum & steam cleaners, carpet shampooers, pressure washers etc. If you’re unable to procure these items, you can take the assistance of professional cleaners in Gold Coast for vacuuming, steam cleaning, carpet shampooing, and pressure washing services,
How To Keep Your Home Clean During Renovations?
Before the renovation, ensure all the furniture, carpets, and other contents of the sites are relocated to a safe place or storage unit. Expert end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast advise keeping the areas as bare as possible to avoid dirtying or damaging property content.
Being proactive while the renovation is underway is wise to ensure there are fewer things to clean and less elbow grease is required post work. Mentioned below are to-do tasks after each workday is over.
- Declutter each area to rid it of unnecessary items
- Dust and wipe surfaces with microfiber cloths
- Sweep and vacuum all sites of work
- Make sure to clean window sills and frames to reduce
- Disinfect points of contacts
- Disinfect and clean the floors
- Aerate the site by opening windows and doors. Also, try to get as much natural light inside as possible to inhibit the growth of germs.
Expert Tip: Talk to the contractor about daily cleanups to make yourself aware of their debris pick-up and other cleaning policies.
How To Keep Your Home Clean After Renovations?
Even if you regularly clean during the renovation the post-work clean up is still substantial. Therefore, working according to a plan is necessary as it will help you to stay organised and feel less stressed. Here is a list of things to do post-renovation.
Renovating your house is a challenge, and by the end of it, few people are left with the energy to clean up. Hence, most hire a reputed cleaning company in Gold Coast to avail spring cleaning, carpet vacuuming/shampooing, pressure washing, upholstery cleaning, and many other services.
If you’re overwhelmed as well, then consider taking the assistance of affordable cleaners in Gold Coast. They will help free your bandwidth to do other tasks such as look after your children, complete formalities with contractors, shop for new decor etc.
Professional cleaners will take a few hours to thoroughly clean sites since they have the top quality cleaning products, tools, equipment, and techniques. It may take you days to complete the same tasks making you spend a lot of precious time and energy.
DIY Cleaning Tips
For those who wish to know how to keep their homes clean after renovation without professional help, here are some expert tips by the experienced end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast.
- Get rid of the unwanted articles and garbage left behind after the completion of the job.
- Employ the right technique by cleaning from top to bottom and left to right in a circular pattern to avoid dirtying cleaned areas or re-clean the same spot.
- Before dusting, vacuum everything in the room like upholstery, window sills & frames, countertops, floors, grates, fixtures etc.
- Dust the objects and surfaces with microfiber cloths then wipe first with a cloth wet with disinfectant and dry.
- Clean glasses and mirrors with specific products
- If the room has cabinets, closets, or other storage units, clean them inside and out to remove dust.
- Disinfect points of contacts such as doorknobs, handles, stain rails, faucets etc.
- Clean walls and baseboards to remove dirt, scuff marks, and spillage.
- Sweep the floors and spot clean before mopping with a solution of water, detergent, and disinfectant. Using steam mops to disinfect floors is another option for those who wish to clean without chemicals.
- Add a few drops of essential oils in cleaning solutions to remove smells of varnish, paints, or other spirits.
A Bonus Pro Tip
During and after renovation, you can get rid of things may not be useful anymore by reselling them through a garage sale or donating them to a local charity or community welfare centre.
Renovating your home is a stressful and challenging task as there is a lot to clean. Your daily routine is disrupted, and there are numerous things to do at the same time. Therefore, it is best to consider hiring professional cleaners in the Gold Coast to help you manage the post-renovation cleanup.