Mould spreads where there is constant dampness, lack of sunlight, and poor ventilation thus, it commonly affects the ceiling in different rooms in a property. The infestation starts as a smattering of spots and gradually grows to form large patches that damage the structure and also posse as a serious health hazard.
Living in property infested with mould is unhealthy as its spores pollute the indoor air causing chronic respiratory conditions and allergies. If a ceiling in your house is affected by mould, it is essential to act fast and take measures to treat the infestation as soon as possible.
Here is your guide by professional cleaners in Gold Coast on how to remove mould from ceilings and more.
Assess the Infestation
The first step to treat the problem is to assess the growth and see if it is in a preliminary stage or the infestation is significant. Since ceilings remain undisturbed for most of the times, mould can grow substantially on them quickly.
By assessing the situation, an action plan can be devised that whether it can be eliminated via household cleaning or professional offering solutions like deep house cleaning or end of lease cleaning in Gold Coast need to be contacted especially by tenants.
Don’t Hesitate to Hire Professionals
In case the growth is substantial, then the best option is to hire professionals. Tenants at the of any their tenancies can seek the assistance of an end of lease cleaning company in Gold Coast to provide mould remediation services along with the bond cleaning.
Most reputed end of lease companies in Gold Coast can manage mould removal as an additional service for which the customer is charged separately. By getting solutions from a one-stop destination, you can save money and coordinate for the execution of tasks better.
Hiring professionals to treat the mould infestation in your home is practical and wise because the experts have the tools, products, and training necessary to clean the growth safely and efficiently.
Methods for Removing Mould and Its Stains
In case the mould growth is fresh, and only a few spots have appeared on any ceiling in your home, it can be cleaned at home. Here are some methods used by professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast for removing mould and its stains.
- The most effective and easy way to remove mould from the ceiling is to use a solution of one part bleach and ten parts water. Make it in a spray bottle and generously douse the mould spots with the solution letting it remain on the area for a few minutes before wiping with a rag. Don’t scrub or apply too much pressure while wiping because it may cause damage to the ceiling. For removing growth in the nooks and crannies use a toothbrush. According to end of lease cleaning experts in Gold Coast wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) like gloves, goggles, mask, and overall is necessary while using the bleach solution to remove mould from any surface.
- For people who don’t want to use bleach for mould removal, an eco-friendly and natural alternative is white vinegar. Although not as potent as bleach, vinegar is effective at removing mould spots from a variety of surfaces. To treat mould with the acetic acid, pour it in a spray bottle and wet the infested areas with the solution generously. Let it remain on the surface for at least an hour then scrub the growth using a soft-bristled brush and wipe the residue with disposable rags. After the spots are removed, and no residues remain, lightly spray the previously affected area with vinegar and let it air dry to prevent future growth of mould. As a precaution spray the vinegar on the area at least ones every week for a month.
How to Prevent Mould Growth?
Prevention is better than cure which is why it is best to be proactive and take measures to ensure mould growth is inhibited. Here are some tips for prevention of mould on ceilings or any other area of your home.
- Control the temperature of a room using a humidifier or air conditioner to prevent the accumulation of excessive moisture in the air
- Regularly inspect the ceilings and walls for seepage and other types of water damage
- Keep rooms well ventilated especially the kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room
Mould can growth on ceilings is not only unsightly and unpleasant, but it is unhealthy as well since its spores pollute the indoor air quality. Therefore, it is crucial to act fast when mould is spotted on the ceilings or any other parts of the house. Thorough this guide by the end of lease cleaning experts, you can learn how to assess the situation, remove mould at home, prevent its growth again in future, and much more.