Office Cleaning Checklist: Daily, Weekly And Monthly Tasks
What’s more, the dust, dirt, and germs make you sick repeatedly with infectious and communicable diseases. Hiring professionals for regular office cleaning in Gold Coast to sanitise and disinfect your workplace is one of the best ways to ensure it remains hygienic.
However, keeping your office neat and tidy at all times is challenging without streamlining the process. Thus, here is an office cleaning checklist outlining daily, weekly and monthly tasks you must do.
Daily Office Cleaning Tasks
Besides employees, a workplace is where you meet clients, stakeholders and other visitors. Therefore, keeping it presentable and clean is important to make a good impression and ensure everyone remains healthy. Even if you are working from home, here are daily office cleaning tasks you must perform.
- Remove paper clutter, including disposable cutlery, shredded documents, envelopes, sticky notes etc.
- Dust every area. Do it top to bottom like professional commercial cleaners in Gold Coast to save time and energy.
- Clean and disinfect the desks, monitors, keyboards, and chairs.
- Clean the pantry to avoid food-borne illness. Wipe the countertops and slabs. Wash the sink and dirty dishes immediately after use.
- Vacuum carpets, upholstery and common surfaces to remove dust, dirt and debris.
- Sanitise and disinfect the bathroom sink, countertop and toilet.
- Wipe glass doors and windows.
- Sweep and mop the floors
- Remove clutter from reception, waiting room and other common areas.
- Take out the trash
- Clean and disinfect common contact points like switches, doorknobs, handles, faucets, stair rails etc.
Weekly Office Cleaning Tasks
Unlike dusting and vacuuming carpets, there are some tasks you should perform every week rather than every day. Here are the things you should do to maintain hygiene in your office.
- Deep clean the pantry by cleaning the refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and other appliances.
- Declutter the fridge, shelves, and cabinets in the pantry.
- Wash windows and doors, including the tracks and frames.
- Wipe brash, copper and other metal office decor items.
- Unclog drains and sanitise them with a TGA-approved cleaner.
- Remove stains from carpets and upholstery.
- Steam clean carpets and upholstery. Steam can instantly kill 99.9% of germs upon contact, making carpets and upholstery sanitary. You can also hire professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast to sanitise your carpet or upholstery when vacating a commercial property and get your bond back in full.
- Send curtains, cushion covers, table cloths and other fabric items for washing & ironing.
Monthly Office Cleaning Tasks
Usually, monthly office cleaning tasks are the ones necessary for deep sanitation and performed for fixtures and areas that are hard to clean every day or week. Some of them are listed as follows.
- Clean the blinds across the office.
- Spot clean walls and baseboards. Wipe walls and baseboards in reception and waiting area top to bottom with a microfiber cloth.
- Vacuum ceilings, light fixtures, fans, and other hard-to-reach areas to remove cobwebs, dirt, dust bunnies, and debris.
- Clean and polish furniture
- Get rid of unwanted or broken office supplies and systems. Donate or resell items in good condition but clutter your office.
- Clean the fans to remove dirt and debris from them.
- Clean the air vents by wiping the grates, exhaust fan and surrounding areas. Get the air vents cleaned by professionals to get better results and maintain the indoor air quality of your office.
- Clean grouts of tiled surfaces. Additionally, polish hardwood floors after cleaning them.
- Inspect the pantry, workstations, bathroom and other reasons to ensure they are pest and mould free. Contact mould remediation experts or pest control professionals immediately if you see signs of an infestation.
Take Professional Assistance
Don’t hesitate to take professional help when you don’t have an internal housekeeping staff or cannot clean your office yourself. Office cleaning is challenging because it is different from house cleaning. You need quality products, durable tools and high-performance equipment for maintaining hygiene at your place of business.
Therefore, availing of an office cleaning service in Gold Coast is a practical solution because professional cleaners have the expertise, experience and equipment. They can easily sanitise office surfaces and fixtures within a stipulated time and without causing inconvenience to you and others in your office.
Business owners and entrepreneurs renting an office should hire professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast to deep clean the workplace after they vacate the premises. In such cases, booking professionals is the best solution because professionals can help you get a complete bond refund.
The Bottom Line
Ensuring your office space is actually clean is essential to have a healthy work environment and make sure everyone working there has good productivity. You can avail a office cleaning service in Gold Coast to deep clean your workplace as per requirement.
Alternatively, follow the daily, weekly and monthly office cleaning checklist above to have a sanitary place of business at all times.