Stained Bathtub? 4 Easy Ways To Clean The Bath
After a tiring day at work, a warm bath in your bathtub can be pure bliss, but it can also be equally frustrating and annoying when you find your bath is covered in limescale, soap scum, hard water stains and dirt patches. Such stains build up on the bathtub over time, but that doesn’t mean that they need to be around forever.
With the correct bathtub cleaning ways, you can quickly get rid of these stains in a hassle-free manner. During the end of lease cleaning, a dirty bathtub can result in a deduction in your bond money. That is why people hire trained end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast for flawless cleaning.
However, if you want to perform the cleaning task on your own, here are some effective ways to clean it. Most of the bond cleaning companies follow these methods.
The Right Time To Clean A Bathtub
Always remember that if you leave the bathtub dirty for a long time, it would become even more difficult to get rid of the dirt and stains. Thus, to maintain a hygienic bath, you should clean it from time to time. However, most people are not sure about the right time to clean it.
Well, the calculation is quite simple! If more than two members of a family are using a bathtub daily, it will require more frequent cleaning than a bathtub used by a single person once or twice a week.
In other words, an average family should clean its bathtub once in a week or call bond cleaners in Gold Coast every fortnight. Whether you do it on your own or take professional help, do not wait for the bathtub to get too dirty.
Easy Ways To Clean A Bathtub
The following four ways can help you clean your bathtub quickly and in a hassle-free manner. Let’s have a look.
1. Baking Soda And Hydrogen Peroxide
When it comes to an effective and natural cleaner that cuts through the grime, stains and mineral deposits, baking soda is an exceptional cleaning agent. And the best thing about these household products is their easy availability and low prices.
Not only bathtubs, but it is also useful for various other spots and appliances. Cleaning the bathtub with baking soda is quite easy. Follow the procedure:
- Prepare a cleaning paste using two parts baking soda and one part hydrogen peroxide.
- Apply the paste on the stain and scrub it with a sponge. After that, allow it to stand for at least 30 minutes or one hour, if possible.
- After that, wipe the area or rinse it properly.
- If you find that the stain is still visible, repeat the process.
2. Vinegar And Dish soap
Vinegar and dish soap are commonly found household items. In case you don’t have them, they are available in every Gold Coast supermarket. Apart from bathtub cleaning, they are also useful for cleaning dishes, microwave and ovens.
It is the acid of the vinegar which makes it an excellent cleaning agent. As it is so acidic, white vinegar can counteract some of the most stubborn stains and mineral deposits. To clean your bathtub, follow the procedure mentioned below.
- Take half a cup of vinegar and microwave it for 90 seconds.
- Pour the hot vinegar into a clean spray bottle. Make sure it is not too hot, or it would melt the plastic bottle.
- After that, pour around 1/2 cup of dish soap (of your choice) into the bottle and gently shake the bottle to mix the solution properly.
- Then, spray the solution evenly on the tub surface and let it settle down for around 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use a sponge to scrub the stains and dirt before washing the bathtub properly.
If you are in a situation where you have run out of your bathroom cleaner but need to clean the bathtub quickly, shampoo can be an excellent option to do so. It is not only good at removing the soap scum but also adds an extra shine to the bathtub.
Moreover, its texture makes it very slippery on the bathtub surface, so it will reduce your scrub time. But take care to choose an eco-friendly cleaning solution, which is not laden with harmful chemicals. Now, follow the steps mentioned below to get a sparkling bathtub:
- Apply shampoo with a sponge on the entire surface.
- Then scrub it properly to make sure you reach every corner of the bathtub.
- After that, allow it to settle down for around 10 to 12 minutes.
- Give it one scrub and rinse it properly to get a clean bathtub.
If you don’t have enough time to do it, or are not getting the result you want, contact experienced bond cleaners in Gold Coast.
4. Cream Of Tartar And Vinegar
Cream of tartar has amazing cleaning qualities, and that is why it can be a perfect option to get a clean bathtub. A paste of cream of tartar and vinegar can be useful in eliminating stains and grime from the bathtub.
When it is mixed with different ingredients, it becomes a fantastic cleaner for items like copper items, carpets, laundry stains, coffee pot, and so on. If you want to clean the bathtub, follow the steps here:
- Prepare a paste with cream of tartar and white vinegar. Take a bowl and pour cream of tartar in it.
- Then add vinegar drop by drop and mix it well to get a thick paste.
- Then, apply the thick paste on the patches and stain and let it get dry. Use a scrubber to remove the dried paste.
- When it is removed, you will find that the paste has eliminated the stains. At last, rinse it thoroughly.
Maintaining the cleanliness of your bathtub requires attentiveness and discipline. Thus, you should clean it each time you use it. Rinse the tub surface with clean and warm water. Then remove the excess moisture using a microfiber cloth, squeegee or sponge. The ways mentioned here will help you to clean your bathtub easily and quickly.