You probably clean your entire house at least once a week or so, but do you feel satisfied after cleaning it? Chances are high that you don’t get the result you want and there is a reason behind it – you do not clean everything! You might get surprised to know that there are number of spots that you overlook during the dusting process. That is why you need a house cleaning checklist. This is how you can ensure that you are not missing anything.
If you hire professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast, you will see that they also use a detailed printed checklist. This list helps them to accomplish the task in the least possible time and without any hassles. Here is the ultimate house cleaning checklist that you should always follow.
Advantages of Having a House Cleaning Checklist
Dusting your house with a checklist can be very helpful. Here are a few reasons why you should always follow a checklist while cleaning your house.
- It ensures that you don’t miss any essential cleaning task
- You can execute your plans in an organised way
- You can easily track your progress
- A checklist helps you to set your priorities
- It saves a lot of time
That is why all reputed end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast carry a checklist with them to clean the house.
Checklist to Clean the Bathroom
This place is perhaps the dirtiest and most unhygienic spot in your house. People use their bathroom several times a day but often neglect its cleaning. Due to the constant presence of moisture, it is an ideal breeding ground for germs and bacterial infections.
Thus you should thoroughly clean it from time to time. People who don’t have enough time can hire professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast. They clean the entire house in the least possible time. However, if you want to clean it, follow the checklist.
- Use a long-handled broom to clean the ceiling and remove cobwebs from the corners.
- Clean the light fixtures, vents, fans, doors, windows and skirting
- Clean the mirror
- Clean the bathtub and remove dirt from the showerhead, toilet and sink
- Remove soap scum and water stains from the glass door and curtains
- Wipe the inside of the cupboards and arrange things in it
- Disinfect the flush lever and doorknobs
Checklist to Clean the Kitchen
A neat and clean kitchen can quickly transform into a complete mess within a couple of days. Dust, dirt, spills, remaining food particles, kitchen oil and grease stains can make your kitchen look dirty.
So, you should clean it regularly. In comparison to any other room, the kitchen takes maximum time because it has different types of surfaces, and you need to clean them accordingly. Here is a detailed checklist to clean the kitchen.
- Clean the ceiling, walls and top of the cabinets
- Empty your cabinets and drawers and clean the shelves properly
- Clean the extractor fan and oil the exhaust hood
- Get rid of dirt and stains from the oven, countertop, racks and stovetop.
- Clean the sink and drain
- Clean inside the refrigerator and dishwasher including their racks
- Sweep and mop the floors
- Clean and Disinfect key spots like doorknobs and handles of the appliances
Note: Appliances like ovens and dishwashers can be a little difficult to clean. So, if you are unsure about the right way to clean them, you should take help from the experts. Also, any acidic substance can damage your granite countertops. So, if you have such surface, it is advisable to contact end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast. They know how to deal with such challenges.
Checklist to Clean the Living Room
Your living room is the most important area of your house because you spend a significant amount of time here with your family. Moreover, this is the place where your guests usually sit. So, you must keep this room as clean as possible. Either hire professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast or follow this checklist to clean it.
- Clean the ceiling and walls and baseboards
- Remove dust from the light fixtures, ceiling fan, and window treatments
- Clean the couch, centre table and chairs
- Wipe off the decorative items, wall clock, picture frames, etc.
- Use vacuum cleaner on the carpets
- Sweep or mop the floor (according to the surface)
- Disinfect the light switch and doorknobs
Checklist to Clean the Bedroom
Your bedroom is the place where you relax and sleep, so it should be properly cleaned. Dirty bedroom not only looks filthy but also causes stress and allows germs and bacteria to flourish. So, take out some time regularly and keep it clean. The following checklist will help you to accomplish your task.
- Clean the ceiling and walls of the bedroom
- Remove dust from neglected spots like under the bed and behind the dresser
- Clean the ceiling fans, window treatments and headboards
- Clean the mattress and flip it
- Change your pillow covers, bedsheets, shams, duvet covers and bed skirts
Note: It is not easy to clean the carpets as harsh treatment can damage the surface or fade the colour. So, if you don’t want to take any chances with your expensive carpets, it is advisable to contact experienced end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast.
Checklist for Other Areas
Your house cleaning is not complete until you clean other important areas such as the laundry-room, porch, garage, etc. Follow the checklist mentioned here:
- Clear away soap scum from the washer
- Wipe the interior walls of the dryer
- Clean the dryer hose
- Remove dust from behind the machine
- Clean light fixtures and light switches
- Clean the sink, countertops and the floor
- Remove cobwebs from shutters, high corners and overhangs
- Clean the furniture
- Wipe the decorative items (if there are any)
- Sweep and mop the floor
- Clean up the garage clutter
- Put everything in their respective places
- Clean ceiling and remove cobwebs from high corners
- Clean grease stains from the floor
- Mop the entire floor
- Clean the light fixture and switches
- Remove dust from the doors
The best thing about following a checklist is that you do not forget any steps. And this ensures deep cleaning of your house. The detailed checklist mentioned here is a standard list that most of the end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast follow. It will help you to finish your task without any problem or confusion and in the least possible time.