What Is The Best Homemade Carpet Cleaning Solution For Pet Stains?
Removing wine, ink, curry, blood and other stains from carpets is easy, but pet stains are extremely difficult. It is a common problem many homeowners and tenants face, as Australia is a pet-loving nation. According to a 2019 national survey report by Animal Medicines Australia, 61% of the country’s households have pets. 40% of families have at least one dog, and around 27% have a cat.
Pet stains on carpets are a cause of concern majorly for tenants because they can lose their bond. Thus, it is best to hire professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast for heavily soiled carpets. The professionals can suggest carpet shampooing, steam cleaning and other solutions as per the condition of the fixture and ensure you can get a complete bond refund.
However, for maintaining general sanitation, follow this complete guide with the best homemade carpet cleaning solution you can make for pet stains. It also outlines things to do and keep in mind for carpet sanitation. Have a look.
Pet Urine Cleaner
Cleaning vinegar is among the best natural products you can use for removing pet urine stains from carpets. It can effectively and efficiently destroy the ammonia in urine and neutralise the odour as well.
Here is how you can make a homemade solution with vinegar and clean the fibered fixtures in your home like a pro.
- In a spray bottle, add warm water and vinegar in equal proportions. Add one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid.
- Apply the solution to the stain and let it dwell for 5-10 minutes.
- Scrub gently with a brush to break the enzymes then spray with water.
- Blot the stain with a paper towel until the smell and residues disappear
Apply baking soda on the affected area after cleaning with the vinegar solutions for tough and old stains. Let the power dry for a few hours or a day before vacuuming the area thoroughly, and your carpet will look and smell fresh.
Pet Vomit Cleaner
You can use the vinegar cleaning solution on pet vomit stains, but try this cleaner to get rid of them completely.
- In a bowl, mix half a cup of hydrogen peroxide and one teaspoon of dishwashing liquid. Additionally, keep a baking soda shaker handy.
- Remove any solid bits from the affected area with a rubber squeegee and dustpan.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the soiled area and rub it to spread evenly and thickly.
- Over it, pour the liquid solution and scrub with a soft-bristled brush.
- Leave the solution on the stain for 5-10 minutes, then with a paper towel dab to collect as much moisture as possible.
- Apply baking soda again and let it air dry before vacuuming the affected spot thoroughly.
Things To Consider
While cleaning pet stains from carpets, here are some things you should do or keep in mind.
- Pet stains are difficult to remove because they are protein-based and contain uric acid. These components bond with the carpet fibres making them hard to treat.
- Clean the stains immediately after they happen or you spot them. The longer you wait, the harder are the stains to remove.
- Test natural or commercial cleaners on an inconspicuous spot before applying them to the stain. It is a professional trick experienced end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast use to prevent damage.
- Get area rugs for your pets to relax, sleep and sit on to prevent carpet flooring from getting stained. Wash the area rugs routinely to keep them fresh and clean.
- When ending a tenancy agreement, hire professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast for carpet cleaning. It will ensure you get your security deposit back without deductions.
- Old pet stains are challenging to remove with natural cleaners. Thus, keep a pet-friendly enzyme cleaner handy to tackle stains without any hassle or stress. Follow the instructions on the label to use the product correctly and get desired results.
- Keep cleaning supplies accessible to clean stains immediately. Create a kit with a multipurpose pet stain cleaner, vinegar, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, paper towels, brushes, and anything else you would need in case of an accident.
Maintaining optimum carpet sanitation is hard when you have pets, especially when untrained, old or young. You should hire professional end of lease cleaners in Gold Coast for carpet cleaning and get your bond back in full. However, for regular stain removal, follow this guide to clean your carpets with natural ingredients and keep your home smelling fresh and carpets looking as good as new.